Thursday, July 5, 2007

I Heart Mid-Week Holidays




Nothing makes me happier than a random day off in the middle of the week. I'm not a good week day drinker- so when I'm able to scoot out on Tuesday night, grab some beers and watch some baseball; I'm a pretty happy camper. I've learned a lot the past two days. I learned that Budweiser still manages to kick my ass in less time than my regular Miller Lite. I learned that RSN has the best fans in the world. Every butt in Fenway left its seat on Tuesday night when Lugo got his first hit in 33 at bats. Every single person jumped and cheered. The entire dugout rushed out to the railing like it was a Papi walk off homer. If that pure and unadulterated support doesn't do Lugo's psyche some good, the dude is a complete nimrod. Most importantly I learned that you should always read the directions when making mass quantities of Margaritas. Oh, and proper conversion of measurements is a very important thing. Needless to say, today, I am a waste of space.

Let's revisit Tuesday nights game. Dice-K was a figgen supah stah! He pitched like he was worth the $51 mil! Eight innings, 9 strike outs and only 1 walk! Kinichiwa bitches! Who didn't cheer when Lugo got that hit? Ok, so first you said- "No effin way! Was that Lugo?" but then you cheered. A honest to goodness heartfelt cheer. It felt good didn't it? I haven't cheered like that in a while. And then something hit me. My friend ND Bucco is right. Without the Yankee's creeping up behind us or better yet tear assing in front of us, being a Sox fan is a little less exciting. I said it in the last post- the games have been crappy and I'm not pleased. No walk off homers. No come from behind exciting wins. Well there have been some but I want more! I want a bench clearing brawl. I want a grand slam. I want some HEART!

I was at a BBQ yesterday, like our founding Father's intended. Well, maybe they didn't intend margarita's and Doritos but we did it up 2007 style. In any case, I didn't get to watch Old Timmeeh out on the mound. I feel like I should start singing "The Final Countdown" each time he starts. Just a few more games and then it's the ASG and a bit of a break. Here's to hoping they come out with bats blazing in the second half of the season. If we are going to be in first I want to see some balls to the wall playing out there. Capice?

No comments: